Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Telling my story

I've decided I'm going to tell my story on this blog, from beginning to where I am now.

I'm going to share my lowest lows, my childhood wounding, the depression, the social anxiety disorder, the unworthiness that plagued my life.

I'm also going to share how I healed all that. How serendipity brought spirituality into my life and ended up changing my world. How I found my Shadow, and began my healing path, and how I discovered that there is NO SEPARATION between spiritual and psychological healing.

Perhaps that is one of the morals to my story: That when we heal, we heal mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. IT ALL TIES IN TOGETHER.

I want to share how I scratched and clawed my way out of misery--and did so only because I KNEW there had to be a better way, there HAD to be something BETTER. (I credit this faith alone to 90% of my healing.)

I've thought about sharing my story for a long time now. I don't want to share the full details without anonymity at this time because I have family (aunts, uncles, cousins) who I am very close to that would be devastated by my childhood--at the family secrets that existed. I would rather keep my extended family happy and oblivious rather then scar them with unnecessary news.

My family has no idea this blog exists. Some of my friends do, and my good friends already know my secrets. So, this is the perfect platform to share my life.

If sharing my story helps another person then it is worth sharing. I feel whole and complete now. I'm no longer ashamed at what has happened to me. So I feel that if I can share my story then I'm almost obligated to because of the value it contains.

For so long I was trapped in shame and unworthiness. It was awful. I want to spread the word that HEALING IS POSSIBLE. Healing comes in SO MANY FORMS.

For so long I always knew it was possible for me to be happy. But for so long it seemed to always elude me, and I questioned if it would ever happen in this lifetime. No one deserves to suffer. No one. Healing is here for everyone.

Read about my story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment