Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Abusive parents also create spiritual abuse

Here is my theory about blocks, resistance, frustration, and anger having to do with spirituality. I feel these limitations often (but not always) stem from early childhood experiences of distrust and betrayal from our caretakers.

If you think about it, during childhood, especially during infancy and the toddler years, our parents (or caretakers) are our "gods" so to speak. I have long felt that my spiritual fears and blocks were due to the abuse and betrayal I experienced as a child.

Before the shaman healed what I called "spiritual anger" a couple weeks ago, I had an incessant need to know what was true and what wasn't. This came from a sense of distrust. My mind was also extremely angry at how needlessly complicated the spirit world seemed to be. This came from a sense of betrayal, the idea that "You are here for me in the way I need you to be!"

The shaman seemed to agree with me.

Since the healing my spiritual life has a sense of expansion and flow to it. I can still practice shamanism while also studying A Course in Miracles and Tibetan Buddhism without becoming frustrated by their differences.

During the healing I stated, "There should be a flow in being able to study different spiritual paths and teachings, not this frustration and anger!" And somehow I was able to get my wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment