Friday, April 3, 2015

You don't get healed through just one healing session

There is a huge misconception about energy and spiritual healing modalities. In fact, it is a misconception I also had before I embarked on my own spiritual healing journey. It is the idea that if spiritual and energy healings are so powerful, then people should be completely healed by it in just one session. The truth is that you don't (or rarely) become completely healed with just one healing session. However, in my experience, one shamanic healing session is much more powerful and effective than standard psychotherapy.

Many factors come into play, including the person's belief systems, type and intensity of wounding, how many layers of healing are needed, conscious or subconscious resistance to the healing or spiritual beliefs, etc.

Someone who is wounded because their parents got divorced  during childhood is going to have a much different healing journey than someone who suffered from years of childhood incest and physical abuse.

One person may just need one soul retrieval and be on their merry way. Another person may need 20 soul retrievals over a period of years.

Energy and spiritual healing is real. It is the only thing that healed my emotional wounds on a deep and lasting level. However, I have needed many healings over the past year. If you have been reading my blog, you will know that this has included shamanic healing with energy work and soul retrievals and also ayahuasca.

I am amazed at how different I am from just one year ago. I am confident, feel great about myself and my life, am blessed with many friends, and feel whole, complete and content. Yes, life has had it's ups and downs, and sometimes I may still have a bout of depression--but I always come back up. It is not the chronic and deep depression that I suffered from before.

I suffered from anxiety and depression for decades. Before my healings began, my depression was so bad that I started to question the value of life for any living being. If suffering was so prominent, I thought, what was the point of anything being alive? To risk going through this chronic suffering like I had?

I believe that no one should have to suffer. Healing is there for us. But first we need to learn to let our hearts guide us. And to be open to the benevolence of the universe. And to also know that suffering is unacceptable--that a life full of suffering is not living at all, that a better way is possible. Believing these truths led me to my own healing journey. And these attitudes can help lead you to your own healing path as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment