Monday, March 9, 2015

Why I don't care what other people think of my spiritual beliefs

You don't have to believe what I believe. But please consider this: Just because you haven't experienced what I've experienced, it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I've been seeking answers for decades now. I've been learning to discern what speaks to me and what doesn't. What is true or not. Backtracking and shifting gears, re-evaluating, and learning to discern again.

Sometimes I've been let down. Sometimes I've been surprised beyond my wildest dreams.

I don't claim to know what all of the answers about THE TRUTH. And neither should anyone else who tries to discredit someone else's TRUTH.

I do know that if I had been influenced by the skeptics and naysayers, I would never have found the peace and fulfillment that I experience now on a daily basis. And believe it or not, in the long run it was okay if something ended up not being the truth after all, or if I even got a little hurt. I learned from it and then moved on.

I've stopped analyzing the world in black and white terms. Truth vs Not Truth. I've learned to simply let my heart guide me.

I don't hang onto a spiritual belief as if my life depended on it. But I do remain open to what might be possible. It is a balance. I've learned that over everything else, the most important thing I can focus on is my own inner being, my internal world. Therefore I've learned not to be so concerned with the external.

I've also learned not to be so concerned over what other people are doing or thinking or believing.

You are free to question what I believe. But if I sense any judgment, I hope you don't mind me asking why you need to be pointing your finger at others in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment