Saturday, October 18, 2014

A reoccurring dream

Dressed in layers.
For the past few months I have noticed a reoccurring theme in my dreams.

I am getting dressed.

I have carefully selected the clothing I want to wear out of all of the options I have.

I put the clothing on, usually blouses layered over upon each other, but then notice the clothing was not exactly the same as what I originally selected.

I notice a slight variation in style. Or maybe the blouse ends up being too tight. Or maybe the color is completely different.

I feel pressure to hurry and get dressed, but also the need to change what I had just put on. I struggle with taking the clothes off and then putting them back on again. Things seem a bit foggy and confusing. Sometimes I decide at the last minute to just continue with what I am wearing, to make it work.

Symbolic of an identity crisis? Fitting in with my expanded spiritual state? Figuring out who I really am now that the old me has sloughed off?

All of the above.