Monday, December 8, 2014

Changes across the spectrum

On Thursday before my shamanism class, I realized that I no longer felt resentment about my past. I no longer had thoughts of my life "pre-healing" having been a waste. I even had a fleeting glimpse of my past serving some kind of purpose. This felt very empowering. And miraculous.

Fast forward a few days. Last night I started to feel depressed for no reason. Oh great, I thought. Here comes the inevitable depression again. But then it wasn't so bad this morning. But not great either.

Later this afternoon I got an email from my husband. Our plan was to take a break for two weeks and then have a discussion about our relationship. This was one month ago. I thought he was finally going to initiate a conversation. It turns out he wants a divorce.

No conversation. No discussion. Nothing.

I may have lost my marriage, but I guess I'd rather choose that than uncontrollable thoughts about killing myself. This is the perspective I try to have.

But I still feel like shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment