Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Update for posterity

It's been almost 3 months since my last ayahuasca ceremony.

Life has had it's ups and downs but I've always managed to bounce back again. The night before last I swore I was getting depressed again. I felt that same familiar sinking feeling and thought oh great, guess I'm back to this again. But then today, I was back to feeling good again. This bouncing back stuff was never normal for me in the past--I pretty much stayed stagnant or sunk even lower.

Today I was glad to see that life still has a certain subtle "crispness" and clarity to it, something I strongly sensed after coming home from Peru. Comparing to how I used to feel, I'm now certain I was depressed, in varying degrees, at least 90% of the time literally "clouding" how I saw life. The sense of peace and ability to find joy in the present moment was always fleeting in the past, as if only reserved for special happy occasions.

I'm still vigilant, keeping watch on my emotions, thoughts, and general feelings. I'm not new to self help work, shadow work, and spirituality, so I have a good bunch of resources to fall back on. In addition, my spiritual life has deepened significantly, not necessarily because of ayahuasca. But I would say that being cleansed emotionally makes it a lot easier to connect with spirit. And connecting to spirit makes it a lot easier to draw on my inner strength and inner sense of peace. So I'm sure my practices have a lot to do with maintaining the healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment