Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Communing in Clarity with Nature

Today I had a little moment of awe and wonder. It only lasted a second, but it was beautiful.

I go to the woods regularly for exercise and spiritual practice. Today I was already feeling pretty good when I went to my spot to visit some healing stones I'd put there earlier this week. I sat in my area and instead of doing any spiritual practice simply sat with nature.

I looked at all the trees, water, earth, felt the wind, and heard the rustle of autumn leaves. I just soaked everything in, and it seemed to soak me in as well. A mutual experience of looking and being with each other.

I then practiced connecting with the elements, which always provides me with an inner sense of power.

Getting up from my practice, I felt clear and open. I walked through the woods, seeing the trees and rocks and stuff not just as "things" but as vividly present and "alive". I stopped at a certain point, and felt for just a second a state of pure being with nature.

Within that short moment I felt such appreciation and wonder for all of it. I don't even know if "appreciation and wonder" are adequate words to describe what I experienced.

Then I heard people in the distance and it broke my concentration.

Beautiful things are happening. :)

Thank you spirits. Thank you elements. Thank you trees, rocks, wind, water, inti, pachamama and all of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment