Friday, September 26, 2014

Show Me Who You Are

About a year ago, toward the end of a week-long seminar for the school I attended for my master's in transpersonal psychology, I had a very spiritual dream. In this dream, one of my instructors healed me on the back of my neck which caused my entire body to go limp and my spine to glow with an intense and warm light. By the end of the dream I was embraced with pure love and acceptance, and I sensed a compassionate yet encouraging message from the universe: "Show me who you are!"

Not being able to show others who I am has always been a huge issue in my life. After getting back from the ayahuasca center in Peru, I feel like I might finally be able to show myself. And I got the message while walking in the woods today (I get my best insights while walking in nature) that I need to be fully who I am to everyone. I need to be open and honest and show who I am--spiritual beliefs, wacky experiences, and everything else. That it will somehow teach others. But not only that, it will allow me to accept myself more.

The world can't love what it can't see. And I'm not honoring myself fully if I continue to hide myself. By being completely who I am to everyone, I become open and free, and I learn to be okay with all those exposed parts of myself.